Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone loop: clockwise or counter- ? 2009/1/2 00:13
Hello,

I am planning my first trip to Japan and I will be visiting Hakone for two days. I plan to do the loop, and in my research, it seems most people follow the route counter-clockwise and I was wondering if there was a particular reason for that?? Are there disadvantages/advantages of going one way or the other (i.e. view, comfort, etc)??

Thank you in advance for any help available.

Vchan
by vchan  

... 2009/1/2 09:42
I don't think that it matters and that either direction has any general, major advantages or disadvantages. If you stay in the Hakone area, I recommend to select the direction based on where your accommodation is located.
by Uji rate this post as useful

advantage/disadvantage 2009/1/2 17:28
The attractiveness of Hakone is the changes of the scenery. Two of the best views of Hakone must be Owakudani and Lake Ashi. The view of Owakudani is frightening like a hell, while Lake Ashi is heavenly beautiful. If you take the route counter-clockwise, you will see Owakudani first, which, I suppose, makes your feeling much better when you see beautiful Ashi lake.

However, if you happen to visit on saturday/sunday, the clockwise route might be better, especially on consecutive holidays(Mar20-22,Apr29-May6).
by bornintyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread