Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

toyoko-iin 2009/1/2 21:17
I am thinking of booking toyoko inn chain fro family holiday. Does any one know if I can book a twin room for me and my 3 kids (ages 9, 4 and 1)? They kids can share a bed and I am happy to share with the baby as well. I am also having trouble becoming a member of their loyalty club. Can any one help there as well? I want to be able to book as early as possible and i have been told all the better hotels get taken quick.
by deaks1999  

Yes you can 2009/1/3 09:52
I am now sharing a twin room with my wife and 2 kids (6 & 9). so why not?

And you have to go to toyoko Inn in person to join their loyalty club.
by Chris rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/1/3 15:23
Hey Chris - I have heard the rooms are quite small - is it squashy with that many in there? Are the twin rooms double or single beds (by western standards). Are they charging you extra for the kiddies? Mine are aged 9, 4 and 1. Do you think that the business twin will be any more spacious or bigger - we are really only after somewhere to sleep shower and change. Will I need to inform them when I am booking that there will be 4 of us in there? Any other recommendations for travelling around Japan with the little ones?

Cheers, Liz
by deaks1999 rate this post as useful

Toyoko- inn 2009/1/3 16:21
The twin beds are 4 ft wide each but there is hardly any room around the beds. I think that 3 kids-even with one being only 1 year old is pushing it ! Hotels have to follow fire regulations that limit the number of occupants in a room for safety reason. They are also a business that must make money! Already you and your 14 years old are the maximum occupancy for a twin room!. You should rent a single room for the older kid
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

. 2009/1/3 16:22
Toyoko Inns are great and we have used them on 3 Japan visits.
If you search under the correct spelling there are hundreds of questions and answers available to you
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/3 18:58
Was at Kyoto Karasuma Shijo Toyoko-Inn 2008 dec, We ( 2 adults and a 4yr old ) stayed at the twin room. Room is small eventhough this is the biggest twin at the hotel, there is only enough space to move around and we had to open our 29" luggage on the bed. The bed however is a super single size bed so it will be enough for an adult and a 4-6yr old kid. We tried to put the 2 beds together but the hotel decor had a bed lamp and drawer which we cannot shift away.
Other than the room size, we were pretty happy with the cleanniness, hotel friendly staff and the free breakfast.
by Rk rate this post as useful

The hotel 2009/1/3 23:48
allows children sharing a room with their parents.

No extra charge will be charged if you
do not ask for extra pillows..etc

The rooms are honestly very small but if you push the beds together (I am sure you can figure out how to do it and how to return to its original position) you should have sufficient room to accommodate all.
by Chris rate this post as useful

2 adults + 3yr old child 2009/2/18 15:58
this question may not be limited to Toyoko Inn, but is it generally acceptable for 2 adults and a 3year old child to stay in a Double or twin room in Japan hotels? the 3yearold child will be sharing the bed (no extra bed)

In many reservation sites, we are not able to select this option.
by 2+1 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread