Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

USA LCDTV 120V/60Hz-wil it work in Tokyo 2009/1/3 01:14
I want to ship my 40 inch bravia LCD to tokyo. how ever power spec in tokyo is 100V/50Hz. i wonder if my TV will work?? is any one already using USA power spec TV in Tokyo or in japan where its 100V/60Hz. please some one help me as i dont have much time.
by gowniwari  

Ok, but transformer needed probably 2009/1/3 19:07
I use USA bought guitar amps here in Japan, but I use a step up/step down transformer. I use a heavy duty (continual use - around 10,000 yen) model, since in my case , the typical travel accessory converters are no good as they are designed for small item/short-term use.

Also, make sure you get something that matches the watts etc. of your TV, too. Mine is ok up to about 500watts, for example, but you probably wouldn't need something that hefty.
by Nula rate this post as useful

Thank you Nula 2009/1/3 19:38
Thanks for the info. I might need a transformer for about 500W ( my tv required ~250W but to be safe and operate at 50% ).
by gowniwari rate this post as useful

reply to this thread