Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Queries on JR East Pass Reservation ? 2009/1/3 23:59
If I have a JR East Pass,
Do I need to pay any charges or fine if I did not collect my reserved ticket, because I miss the timing of the train?
by Kang San  

... 2009/1/4 08:45
Do I need to pay any charges or fine if I did not collect my reserved ticket, because I miss the timing of the train?

At the time you make the reservation, you will get your seat reservation ticket. There is no need to collect it later. There is no fine if you miss the train that you have a seat reservation for. However, if lots of foreign pass holders dishonor their free seat reservations, JR might decide to scrap free reservations for pass holders in the future.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/1/4 23:29
Thanks Uji,
We will definitely honor the reservation, as we are regular Japan travelers and would not want this privilege lost. Only worry that the flight will delay and we may miss our reservation to Sendai.
by Kang San rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/5 08:08
There are cases where it can't be helped. But note that it is possible to cancel a reservation at any JR railway station. So, if you are still in time to cancel, I recommend to do so.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread