Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Breakfast times 2009/1/5 23:33
Thanks again Ujisan!
We will surely reconsider staying longer in Kyoto.
Now I'm finding out train schedules, I would like to know at what time breakfast is served in ryokans and hotels? (To know which train is easy to catch in the morning).
And is there a site or other advice to find out (not so expensive) places to stay?
Is it a good idea to concentrate on Ryokans/Minshukus (to get the feeling of being in Japan)or are there disadvantages?
Thanks again so much,
Jantje
by Jantje  

... 2009/1/7 08:48
Breakfast time depends on the ryokan/hotel.

Most hotels serve breakfast in their restaurant between fixed times, typically 6am to 10am, but it varies.

In case of ryokan, it also varies. Some have fixed times, others let you choose a time and others have an "open hour" like the above mentioned hotels. However, in case of ryokan, the typical breakfast time is around 7am to 8am. Late breakfasts after 9am are not usually available.
by Uji rate this post as useful

early is out 2009/1/7 13:38
Some will not serve breakfast early enough if you have a big day travelling. I've done the ryokan/minshuku thing and gotten it out of my system. Give me a hotel at room only rate any day. I can boil the jug and eat my cereal and fruit when it suits me. I have had some stays with lovely people in minshukus and some noisy overpriced stays at ryokans. It's all a bit of a lottery.
by RodW rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/1/7 17:35
Thank you both!
by Jantje rate this post as useful

reply to this thread