Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days to spend in japan 2009/1/6 04:46
Hello,

ILd like to use JR rail pass with 7 days. First I will start from Tokyo. I would like to see these cities; Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Hiroshima and Beppu. What do you think, is it possible to see these cities within that time? How many days I should spend each city? Or shoul I take some cities off my list? What do you recommend?
by tsui  

... 2009/1/6 10:32
Although you won't be seeing a whole lot of everything, I still think it is a good idea to have a feeling of Japan. To save time, do use the night trains.
by lester rate this post as useful

7 days 2009/1/6 10:38
With just 7 days, forget about Beppu. There are lots of sights to fill up those days in Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, and Hiroshima. While in Hiroshima, try to include Miyajima.
by William rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/6 12:55
I will recommend this
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_5.html
OR this
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2402_5.html

and I would add 1day Hiroshima & Miyajima instead of 1 more day in Kyoto to Kansai itinerary if you are a fast pace traveller.
by Ts rate this post as useful

No Beppu or Osaka 2009/1/6 14:28
The others are right forget Beppu and with only 7 days you might forget Osaka because truth be told while Osaka is a good place to visit but the other cities that you have listed have a lot more to offer. For example you could do all 7 days in Kyoto. However doing the other cities would make for a great trip.
by Dave03 rate this post as useful

personal view 2009/1/6 14:32
I would not recommend anybody on a tight schedule going out of their way to visit Miyajima. Personally, having seen a great deal of Japan over five visits I would suggest a four hour stopover in Hiroshima for a 7 day itinerary. Obviously if you have more time then......
by RodW rate this post as useful

thank you 2009/1/7 20:50
ok, thank you for your answers.

I think ILll spend 2days in Kyoto, 1day in Nara, hiroshima 1day almost and 2 or three days in Osaka. Do you know where I can find cheap ryokans, for example in Nara?
by me rate this post as useful

reply to this thread