Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7-day Tokyo trip, transportation help 2009/1/7 03:25
My boyfriend and I (and possibly a best friend joining with us) are planning to go to Tokyo for 7 days in July (either the 2nd or 3rd week in July. We want to travel throughout it, do sightseeing, shopping, and other things. The problem is that since we want to go to different places in Tokyo, we're not sure what kind of transportation passes to purchase. We plan to use different railway systems and busses. Is purchasing a SUICA card and a Flexible 4-day JR East Pass a good idea?
by Vanessa  

... 2009/1/7 07:57
A Suica card is your best and most convenient value if you don't make any major side trips from Tokyo. A JR East Pass only makes sense if you make one or more big side trips from Tokyo, for example, to Nagano or the northern Tohoku region. For shorter side trips to Nikko or Hakone, a free pass for just that region is usually better than a JR East Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/1/7 12:13
You're right, since I'll only be staying in Tokyo a Suica card would be best. Thanks :-)
by Vanessa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread