Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku in January 2009/1/8 02:29
Hi,I am going to Japan for 2 weeks in January. I plan to spend spend 4 nights in Tokyo, 2 in Kyoto, 1 in Nara,1 in Koya. Apart from that I am flexible. I am thinking of visiting Shikoku (Takamatsu, Kochi and Matsuyama) and then take the ferry to Hiroshima. The idea is to the main attractions and some quieter places but there is not much information on Shikoku. Can anyone advise on this trip? Thanks
by Ravi  

... 2009/1/8 10:21
Information about the main sights:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1107.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/1/8 12:43
We did the Kyushu - Matsuyama - Hiroshima ferry trip in November and it was delightful then. Matsuyama held us exclusively on Shikoku ( a nice city). I'd suggest you take the short trip to Miyajima by tram and ferry from Hiroshima as well, if possible spend a night on the island - excellent!
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

trip to.. 2009/1/8 16:48
why 1 night in Nara? you can go there very easily on a day trip from Kyoto. It saves changing hotels for a single night only.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

One night Nara 2009/1/9 22:32
Thanks for the answers, they are helpful. I thought 1 night in Nara was a good idea as it is on the way to Koya, we can see it at night if we stay, and the hotel is cheaper than Kyoto. As we have a suitcase I am not sure we can leave it at the station in order to stop on route from Kyoto to Koya.
Will Koya be too cold to visit now? Is it worth staying in Oboke/Iya?
thanks
by Ravi rate this post as useful

Yes.. 2009/1/11 07:28
There are good locker facilities at all major stations
by Tommmo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread