Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

advise on my itinerary for Hokkaido 2009/1/9 07:28
I will be in Hokkaido in early June for 8-10 days. Plan to enter by Hakodate Airport and exit Asahikawa Airport. Plan to rent a car. The following is my rough itinerary. Please give advice:

Hakodate (Onuma Park) - stay 1 night
Noboribetsu/Lake Toya - stay 1 night
Sapporo (Chikyu Cape/Otaru Canal,TV Tower/City Hall, Ramen Alley, JR Sapporo underground shopping, Susukino, etc. - stay 3 nights (Is this too long a stay?)
Furano/Biei - stay 1 night
Daisetsuzan National Park/ Sounkyo - stay 1 night
Fly back to Narita.

Alternatively, is it better to enter and exit by Chitose and use Sapporo as a base for the other trips?

Many thanks!
by Jade Lee  

... 2009/1/9 08:27
I think it is a very good itinerary with an efficient route. If you are more of a nature person than a city person, I would recommend moving one of your three Sapporo days to Furano/Daisetsuzan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Can use public transport 2009/1/9 14:32
Hi Jade,

Just to tap on your itinery, can someone advise whether is the itinery doable by public transport instead of driving. I also intend to travel in early June but prefer to use public transport.
by Carle rate this post as useful

reply to this thread