Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Please check my 2 week trip plan! 2009/1/12 00:51
I’m planning a Japan trip (two weeks, 30 March to15 April 2009) and I’d like to hear some advice about the plans I have made so far.

This is my schedule:
(I have already booked the flight and accommodations. I still have to buy JR Pass for 1 week.)

30. March
Flight arrives to Japan (Haneda airport).
31. March
Tokyo (Asakusa)
1. April
Kyoto (Inari, Fushimi Inari Taisha=hiking)
2. April
Kyoto (Gion, Shijo)
3. April
Kyoto (Maiko makeover at Yumeyakata)
4. April
Kyoto (Kinkaku-ji, Ginkaku-ji and Kiyomisu-dera)
5. April
Nara (Nara Koen)
6. April
Osaka (Kaiyukan Aquarium)
7. April
Hiroshima (Peace Memorial Museum)
8. April
Hakone (Ichinoyu Honkan)
9. April
Hakone (Ichinoyu Honkan)
10. April
Tokyo
11. April
Tokyo (Ueno)
12. April
Tokyo (Harajuku, Shibuya)
13. April
Tokyo (Akihabara)
14. April
Tokyo
15. April
Flight departs from Japan (Narita airport).

Things I’m planning to take with me:
Camera, mp3, cell phone, makeup and skin products, towel, hairspray, hair straightener and adapter. And of course handbag and luggage bag.

I’m also planning to pack these garments:
bra x2, panties x7, socks x7, pyjamas, shoes (vans), jeans, shorts and leggings to go with them, tank top, 3 t-shirts, 2 ¾ sleeved shirts, hoodie, scarf and light jacket.

Anything else??
by Eri (guest)  

... 2009/1/12 08:43
I see no problems with the itinerary. Except with the duration of the Japan Rail Pass:

If you start using it from April 1 to get from Tokyo to Kyoto until April 8 to travel from Hiroshima to Hakone, then you would be using it for 8 days. So, a 7-day pass would not be sufficient.

Alternatively, if you return from Hiroshima to Hakone on April 7, you will have only limited time in Hiroshima, especially if you plan on starting the day in Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Check for places under renovation 2009/1/12 09:17
I went to Silver Pavilion Last April and it is under renovation. Went to Osaka Taisha Shrine in November and its Under Renovation also. I guess You have to check the main sites so as not to waste time and taxi and money hehe
by Jonah888 rate this post as useful

Sanjusangendo- must see for me 2009/1/12 09:31
If you have seen Memoirs of a geisha, the time the general gave the lead girl some snow cone, and money and she ran the steps toward a shrine with that place is Fushimi Inari. Another place worth going to is Sanjusangendo esp if you are into mythology.
In Osaka Kaiyukan is just maybe 1.5 hours you have to go to walk around dotombori at night. and take a ride in Hep5 Ferris Wheel to take in Night City View. I am also researching for Japan Trip this April 2-11 but planning to go further north like sapporo :) (to take more advantage of the rail pass haha)
by Jonah888 rate this post as useful

more destinations 2009/1/12 15:51
I think you would be able to cover a few more destinations. (If you dont mind it, of course).

You can still add Himeji and Nikko even if you cannot cancel your accomodatons anymore.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_13.html

Btw, you might forget tooth paste and brush, but you can buy them at 100yen shop :)
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

7 day or 14 day JR Rail Pass 2009/1/12 21:45
Check that your cell phone will work in Japan. See : http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223.html
You stay in hotel / ryokan? Towels are being provided, the ( daily fresh ) yukata can replace pyjama.
You stay in hostels: Check if they provide towel / yukata
The 7-day Rail Pass ( Yen 28300 ) problem Uji-san mentioned: If you cannot rearrange accomodation and Hiroshima - Odawara ( Hakone ) is on April 8th you need Yen 17 000 for extra railticket plus April 10th Odawara to Tokyo further Yen 3200 by shinkansen ( 30 min ) or Yen 1500 ordinary train ( 90 min ), so think of a 14 day Rail Pass ( Yen 45 100 or Yen 16 800 more than 7 day Pass )
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks! :) 2009/1/18 20:59
Thanks SO much for everybody!
I think that I'll buy JR Pass for 2 weeks (as I first meant to do) and add some more destinations in the plan.
You are the best :)
by strawberry cupcake rate this post as useful

reply to this thread