Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 days 7 nite, travelling in mid of feb 2009/1/12 22:34
hi...hope someone able to help....
i will arrive at Narita airport in mid of Feb for 8 days 7 nights....
this is our first visit and we are quite lost. we want to fully make use if the 8 days thus we have many places in mind but dont think its wise. i visit a few website and our plan is as follow:

1) 3 days 2 nights - Osaka,Kyoto,Nara
2) 3 days 2 nights - Mt Fuji, Hakone
3) 2 days - Tokyo

can someone please help me on the following queries:

1) which place should i give up or which is a much visit place to go in Feb
2) how is the weather like over there now
3) around wat time does it get dark and shopping centers close earlier?
4) how should i go about travellin in Japan? by buyin the unlimited JR pass us enough?

thanks alot!
by leongf  

.. 2009/1/13 09:52
which place should i give up or which is a much visit place to go in Feb

Season wise, I personally think that Hakone and Fuji Five Lakes are not at their best in winter, because the vegetation is barren and often there is not even much/any snow. But it is not bad, either.

I recommend to make a decision based on your personal interests.

how is the weather like over there now

Winter tends to be dry, sunny and cold.

around wat time does it get dark and shopping centers close earlier?

It gets dark around 5pm. Shopping centers open as usual.

how should i go about travellin in Japan? by buyin the unlimited JR pass us enough?

If you do the round trip between Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto within 7 days, I recommend to use a 7-day Japan Rail Pass. Otherwise, regular tickets are likely to come cheaper. If you want to save even more, I recommend to use overnight buses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

suggestion 2009/1/13 10:15
Here is a suggestion based on not going to Hakone and Fuji Five Lakes:

Day 1: Arrive in Tokyo (Narita airport) stay in Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Travel by Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto (try to get seats on the right hand side of the train as you get a good view of mt Fuji from the train)
Day 4: Kyoto
Day 5: Day trip Kyoto to Nara
Day 6: Day trip Kyoto to Osaka (you could also go an extra 30mins south of Osaka to Himeji to visit the castle for half the day)
Day 7: Spend the day in Kyoto then catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo (try to get seats on the left of the train for view of Mt Fuji). Evening in Tokyo
Day 8: Depart from Narita airport

If your flight doesn't leave until late in the day you could catch the train back to Tokyo in the morning of day 8 - just make sure you give yourself PLENTY of time for train delays incase of bad weather, doesn't happen often but it happened to me!
by AusEz rate this post as useful

.. 2009/1/13 12:20
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks U! :) 2009/1/13 13:39
hi Uji, Ausez and TS...
thanks alot for your information. it helps alot.
by leongf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread