Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Comments 2009/1/13 08:04
I would appreciate some feedback in my planned itinerary. I have been to Japan several times but this will be the first time for my husband, so I have tried to include a balance of the major tourist sights as well as some new places that I haven't been to.
April 4-7 Tokyo
April 8 Tokyo to Tsumago via Matsumoto
April 9 Tsumago to Kyoto
April 10&11 Kyoto
April 12 Hiroshima
April 13 Hiroshima(morning) and Kobe
April 14 Kobe (half day) to Tokyo
April 15-18 Tokyo

We will be using a 7 day rail pass, which has to start and end in Tokyo. I plan on maybe doing some day trips from Tokyo also.
I really want to see the cherry blossoms somewhere along the way. What do you think our chances are? I am hoping maybe between April 4-7 we may see them in Tokyo, or perhaps at Matsumoto?

Please let me know if you see any problems with the above. Aside from wanting to only use a 7 day rail pass, I am flexible in moving things around.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment- I realise that there are many similiar posts.
by lmg (guest)  

... 2009/1/13 09:37
Looks like a good itinerary to me.

I really want to see the cherry blossoms somewhere along the way. What do you think our chances are?

Unless the blossoms will be extremely early this year, your chances are very good to see cherry blossoms at least in Tokyo. In case they are extremely early, there is a chance that you can see them in Matsumoto:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_when.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kansai 2009/1/13 13:04
We were in the Kansai area early April last year and saw beautiful cherry blossom in Osaka and Nara area. It's hard to predict the weather but normally late March to early April is cherry blossom season in Kansai. So consider doing that part of Japan first, or better still if you can arrange to fly in Kansai KIX and work your way up to Tokyo.

While in Hiroshima, don't left out Miyajima. Himeji Castle is a good spot for viewing cherry blossom, not to mention that it will undergo restoration in 2010. If you like festival, there is a Sakura Festival in Yoshino on April 12-13. We were there last time and fully enjoyed the festive fell and the spectacular cherry blossom up the mt. slope. Yoshino can be reached by direct train from Osaka.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread