Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oirase Stream and Lake Todawako 2009/1/15 07:13
We are going to this area for a few days in Northern Tohoku next fall and wanted any information anyone would like to share about places to stay and favorite hikes and sights in the area.

We have been looking at staying at the Oirase Keiryu Hotel or maybe and preferably a small ryokan in the area like the Ryokan Kawamura.

Any ideas or suggestions???

Aloha
by hawaiiantraveler  

... 2009/1/15 09:08
I have not stayed at the hotel personally, but the Towada Hotel seems to be one of the nicest in the area:
http://www.towada-hotel.com/

The main attraction in my opinion is the walk along Oirase Stream. Very picturesque. The area has some of the best autumn colors in late October. But it also gets crowded, especially on weekends.

The sightseeing cruise on the lake is also pleasant compared with sightseeing cruises on other Japanese lakes.

But apart from that and enjoying the hotel, meals and baths, there is not too much else to do in the area.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2009/1/15 12:45
Thank you Ujisan for your information. I do appreciate it.

Aloha!
by hawaiiantraveler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread