Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay in Tokyo 2009/1/15 13:51
Booked flights to tokyo for a month in april without having any idea of which disctrict to stay in, what to do, where to go etc etc... Anyone been? Live there? Ideally want to be in the centre with easy access to all the main nightlife spots, shopping centre, tourist destinations etc... basically within a short trip of all the hustle & bustle..

Also, is there any must-see places to visit? or any must-do activities? Really know nothing about the place so ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. ALso does anyone know how the climate is in comparison to the UK

Cheers!
by Julia505  

... 2009/1/15 16:49
Are you planning on spending the whole month in Tokyo? If you have a whole month in Japan then you have the opportunity to see many different cities. You should start by reading the information on this website, there is heaps of information on different cities and towns and different sights.

I would say that the must see areas of Japan are the Tokyo area (with trips to other places such as Nikko, Kamakura, Hakone etc), and the Kansai area (including Kyoto, Osaka and Nara).
by AusEz rate this post as useful

trip 2009/1/15 17:01
Do yourself and all of us a BIG favor by looking at the section A-Z at the very top of this site! after you read all about Japan and the Kanto you can make a tentative itinerary and THEN we can help you. Booking a whole month in Tokyo without knowing anything about it is rather strange, to say the least.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/15 18:30
I recommend the following page as a starting point of your research:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Spread ur wings! 2009/1/15 19:08
We have booked into Hotel Edoya in Ueno for a few nights in March. My girlfriend has told me that there isnt much in the area butis convenient to the rest of Tokyo. The price is nice and includes breakfast. I would definately look at travelling out of Tokyo if ur got a whole month up ur sleeve. There is so much to Japan then big modern cities! Definately do your homework when looking for hotels or places to stay - you should be able to get urself a decent deal. Enjoy ur trip.
by Deaks rate this post as useful

to julia 2009/1/16 01:03
how many of you will come? friends? boyfriend?
by dvang82 rate this post as useful

Ueno 2009/1/16 05:03
Ueno isn't a bad area. High school students come form all over Japan to Ueno to visit some of the great museums in the Park, visit the Tokugawa shrine etc. Ueno is also within walking distance of Yanaka, an old fashioned area with lots of small temples and older houses that all look barely changed since pre-war times. Ueno also has the lively Ameyokocho market under the JR elevated tracks. Ueno JR station is a major station.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread