Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can malaysians nures work in japan 2009/1/19 18:56
can malaysians nures work in japan
by yogi (guest)  

nursing 2009/1/19 20:49
So far the only non-Japanese who have been able to work as nurses in Japan are Filipinos and Indonesians who came in in groups as part of a special programme.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

It would be great if you could! 2009/1/19 21:25
I am an Australian trained RN (born and raised in Australia) and have enquired as to whether or not I could transfer my registration and work in Japan. The nursing counsel of Japan advised me that I would have to sit the National Nursing exam (only available in Japanese & from what my japanese friends have told me this is actually quite hard!). Your Japanese language skills would need to pretty good (I have a degree in Japanese and Im not sure I have enough kanji under my belt to do it!) The nursing counsel would also need to look at your training and see if you need to do anymore training (despite my years of emergency and truama experience I would need to complete more some midi and peads training).

Good luck though - maybe you could pave the way for other foreign nurses to work in Japan! I woder what program the Indonesian and Phillopino nurses are excepted into Japan on and wonder how much language they have to get there! Keep me posted on how you get on.
by Deaks rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/19 22:36
To yogi,
Unfortunately not currently.

To Deaks,
I think the Indonesian nurses to be admitted this coming summer under a special program are for "nursing care for the elderly," and they are given a half-year long language training. Also they are required to pass the Japanese national examination in several years' time, otherwise they have to return to their country. This seems to be a decision agreed under the Economic Partnership Agreement between the two countries. There seem to be some ambiguities about pay/remuneration scheme, and also whether they can continue to stay beyond the initial few years, meaning, when they must pass the national exam (already quite difficult enough for the local applicants).
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/20 00:37
Oh that means they are not working as nurses there but maybe call helpers ?? I am also interested but dun know Japanese but got 12 yrs of experience working in the ED. Looks bleak
by hoon (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/20 09:43
It's not "helpers," but "certified care workers," it seems.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread