Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ghibli Questions/Confusion 2009/1/26 14:57
Hello, my husband and I want to go to the Ghibli museum while in Japan, but have a few questions. First off, is there a Lawson in Narita airport where we can buy the tickets? Next, I am really confused about the time slots. How long are we allowed to stay in the museum? After our time slot is up, will they make us leave the entire premises, or can we still go to the outside places like the cafe? And do they make an announcement or anything to let you know it's time for new people to come in?? Sooo confused here..

Lastly, if I wait to buy my ticket in Japan on April 15 at Narita, what kind of a chance will I have of getting a ticket for anytime between April 15-May11? We're staying for a month. Oh, and there is 'periodic maintenance' of the museum going on May 11-22, so I'm wondering if that will diminish our chances of getting tickets for sooner since everyone might be booking in order to make up for the hiatus. Thanks guys!
by yum yum (guest)  

... 2009/1/26 15:51
I think there is no limit on how long you can stay in the museum, except closing time in the evening.

Lastly, if I wait to buy my ticket in Japan on April 15 at Narita, what kind of a chance will I have of getting a ticket for anytime between April 15-May11?

Your chances are very high that you can get a ticket for a regular weekday in April or May, except during the Golden Week (April 29 to May 6).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ghibli 2009/1/27 01:26
I was there last year and there was no time limit. Obviously if they are closing you would have to leave but there were no announcements saying to get out so they could let more people in. I think they just stagger the times people are allowed to go in so they don't wind up with a huge line all the way down the street. It was very popular when I was there back in March '07.

As for buying the tickets, I don't know if there is a Lawsons at Narita but they are all over the place in Tokyo. The interface to the machine you buy the tickets from is in Japanese so you may have to enlist the help of the store clerk. Luckily for me when I was trying to buy the tickets the clerk was able to understand what I wanted when I told him "Totoro".
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Possible? 2009/3/22 23:37
Dear Uji

Do you think it is still possible to get two tickets to Ghibli if i can only go on 2nd May (sat)?

Thanks!
by esteezy rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/23 21:22
May 2 will be one of the busiest days of the entire year, since it is Golden Week. Competition for the tickets inside Japan can expected to be fierce. I imagine it to very difficult.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread