Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is must do in Mt. Fuji 2009/2/4 10:44
Hi,
I will be travelling to Mt. Fuji on the first week of March which is next month. What can I do? Staying for 2days only.
by YLL  

Fuji area 2009/2/4 16:36
Where exactly are you going? Fuji is a large mountain and there are lots of small towns near its base. Hakone? Kawaguchi-ko? The usual reason for visiting the Fuji area is...to look at Mt. Fuji.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

? 2009/2/4 17:38
Mt. Fuji is a barren volcano and very boring when you are on it. If you only have 2 days in Japan, visit either Tokyo or Kyoto.
by Natsuki (guest) rate this post as useful

Oh yea 2009/2/5 06:54
Rent a Car and pay 2000 yen to drive around Fuji Speedway.
by Evolicious76 rate this post as useful

must do at Mt. Fuji 2009/2/5 08:31
I visited Mt. Fuji April 2007. I'd say you should take the Mt. Tenjo ropeway to the view point that overlooks Lake Kawaguchiko and gives a good view of Mt. Fuji. Also you should take the tour bus that brings you to Bat Cave, in which you can explore the lighted cave by yourself without a tour guide. Very fun. Also you can take the bus to nearby Wind Cave and Ice Cave and walk in them too. And hiking around the rough, thickly forested terrain near the caves is beautiful also, with moss covered areas and strange rock formations. I'd try visiting Lake Saiko too, because from it you have a close view of the mountain. When you plan to visit, if you are able to be flexible, it's best to plan your visit when the weather forecast for the area is clear. Otherwise if you go when it is cloudy you won't be able to see the mountain or only see it for a short time. I was in Japan for almost a month, so I was able to be flexible in scheduling a day to visit that was clear. And it was amazing. I didn't have a chance to try the local cuisine, Hoto noodles, or go to the amusement park, Fuji Q Highlands, but those are other things to do. See this page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6906.html
by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

CAR rental 2009/2/5 13:51
Do I need to have international driving to rent a car?
by YLL rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/6 18:51
Car rental and licenses are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Narita Airport 2009/3/17 09:29
Hi. I have a wonderful experience in Tokyo. But I was surprise that duty-free shop in the airport won't pack liquid bottle which excess 100ml into a security transparent plastic bag. I have a stopover in Bangkok, and due to this, I have to discard my sake. Friends, do remember this. I am not the only one.
by YLL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread