Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About Odoriko and Izu 2009/2/4 14:57
- Is there toilet onboard Odoriko Express?

- I would like to visit a spa hotel called Kotmasu-view at Dogashima. Does anyone know how to travel there upon reaching Shuzenji Station?

Thank you for the response!
by Terence (guest)  

.. 2009/2/4 19:39
- Yes.

- 80 minutes on Limited Express bus, the hotel website says.
The bus line seems to be calles Nishi-Izu Tokkyu Bus (west Izu limited express bus). From Shuzenji station, there are departures at 11:01, 13:01, 14:01, 15:01, and 16:01.
(Website in Japanese)
http://www.tokaibus.co.jp/
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you. 2009/2/4 20:33
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I did visit the website but it was all in japanese and the bus route map is quite confusing with all those grids and numbers...i just need to know if there is any specific bus number to take or something.

Thank you again =)

I will be visiting in late march..from singapore
by Terence (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/4 22:08
I couldn't find any English-language website on those buses.

No booking necessary, no "limited express" supplemental charge needed. One way seems to be 2,400 yen.

Amazingly, there seems to be no bus number, but this "Nishi Izu Tokkyu Bus" seems to be the name of the route AND the bus :) If you ask at the station for this bus name, and say "To Dogashima and Matsuzaki?" (that's the direction heading south), someone should be able to point you to the right stop.

By the way, another amazing (?) thing is that on the way back (going back up north), this bus does not stop at Shuzenji station... it stops further north at Nagaoka Onsen, Mishima station, and Numazu station.

Another query. 2009/2/22 17:40
Is it a must to reserve seat for Odoriko Express? Can I just buy a ticket at the counter before boarding?

Thank you.

... 2009/2/22 20:00
All seats are reserved seating on Odoriko, so before you board you need to have made the reservation anyway. It can get crowded on weekends too. So if you have picked the train and the date, I think it would be better to go make the reservation :)

... 2009/2/23 00:07
oic. so can just buy and reserved at the same time. just afraid i need to reserve in 1-2 days in advance. i will be travelling on weekday.

yeah i will leave singapore to tokyo on mar 27 =)

... 2009/2/23 08:21
Still I recommend to reserve in advance (a day or two before) if you can.

Now I see two types of Odoriko. "Super View Odoriko" that goes from Shinjuku to Shimoda are all reserved (you need reservation otherwise you cannot board the train), and regular "Odoriko" that leaves from Tokyo station does have unrerserved cars as well.

Enjoy your trip!

reply to this thread