Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

paying for highway buses 2009/2/4 16:28
Hi, i noticed from the ad on this site that 123bus has an english website. When i visit it however it says theres no booking system until april. Hence the only way to pay is through mobile phone cc or convenient stores(note i read i have to book 3 days before departure date)

now my situation is i cant pay via convenient store cos ill be arriving in osaka on the 12th and need to get to nagoya(hotel booked) on the 13th. CC by phone however, my dad says is not recommended because of the call costs + it may not be secure....

i checked the japanese website of 123bus and there IS a booking system...and one of my friends say that in japan you can usually buy the tickets on the spot!

So my questions are:

1. I have a debit card, will that work for CC transactions?
2. Does anyone know if the japanese website of 123bus still accept online cc payments? I'd prefer this over calling the phone.
3. If 2 works, is there any difference in purchasing from the japanese website and not the english method..
4. Can i book tickets on the spot? This is the most favourable method
5. Are there any other bus company sites anyone else can recommend? I plan to travel by bus from osaka to nagoya, 1 person on the 13th february.

I appreciate any advice on this matter, and would like to thank anyone who could help me in advanced.
by flintz (guest)  

. 2009/2/4 20:22
bump anyone? XD
by flintz (guest) rate this post as useful

Can't help much... 2009/2/4 20:29
I don't know the answers to most of your questions as I've always booked bus tickets in person from within Japan.

But if it's at all encouraging: the chances of you finding a seat on a bus even if purchasing tickets the day-of at the terminal is pretty high. As you're travelling alone and on a weekday during off-season, the bus is likely to have a few odd seats left over (if not quite a few).

If you purchase your tickets at a bus terminal upon arriving in Japan, you will probably be fine.

I usually have no problem booking bus tickets the day before my trip unless there is a major holiday or event.
by tsurara rate this post as useful

HTHs 2009/2/5 18:25
If i'm not wrong you should be able to just go and pick up tickets on the spot without prior booking at the highway bus station at JR Tokyo Station for buses to Nagoya.

Just follow the signs to the Highway bus boarding area. There's a ticketing booth there.
If you are travelling alone it should be easy to get seats.
by nexa a2y rate this post as useful

you can email 2009/2/12 20:24
You can email them your cc/debit card num. But the only problem it's it's security. I know because they ask me to fill up the following form when i enquired about other payment methods via email.

---
f you wish to make booking you can call us or if you are abroad please
send us your information below.

Name of the passenger(s):
Phone number:
Day of departure:
Boarding place:
Arriving place:
Bus type:
Mail address:
Credit card number:
Expiration date:
by cher (guest) rate this post as useful

OP 2009/2/13 00:15
thank you for all the info! I appreciate all of em

Eventually i got my gf to translate the japanese website for me and i booked my ticket from it. I used my debit card and it worked fine =)

ill be going there 2morrow so ill let you know cher how it goes, yea i doubted the security too and im wondering why only the english site is under upgrade when the japanese one is fine...
by flintz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread