Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen near Tokyo or Kanazawa 2009/2/5 23:31
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a nice onsen place near Tokyo or Kanazawa for either a 1 night stay or day trip.

Right now Takaragawa onsen looks like the best option but I was wondering if anyone had any other options or any opinions on Takaragawa onsen itself.
by chuyeow  

... 2009/2/6 18:35
There are lots and lots of alternatives. My favorite so far is Seni Onsen, but it is difficult to make reservations:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+3...

Takaragawa Onsen has nice and large open-air baths (not gender separated!), but I found their ryokan property somewhat tacky. I did not stay overnight, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Come on..UJI... 2009/2/6 22:02
How about Okutama area?
Suikoen Onsen is close and decent.

by Love Chocolate rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/17 17:58
Oops sorry for not checking back. Thanks for your advice both, Uji-san and Love Chocolate.

I've read pretty much the same about the ryokan at Takaragawa onsen (that it wasn't the best and left some to be desired). I guess I'll probably be making a day trip here (if I do go) like you did, Uji-san.

I've been looking for prices of just using the onsen alone but can't find any in this forum or at the Takaragawa website. Do you remember what the prices are, roughly?

As for your recommendations of Seni onsen and Suikoen onsen, I'll check them out and see how they compare. Onsen reviews in english are surprisingly hard to come by!
by chuyeow rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/17 18:06
Btw, just want to mention that Takaragawa stood out as one of my 1st choices because it has mixed bathing. I'll be there with my girlfriend and it'd be nice to be able to enjoy the onsen experience together :)

... 2009/2/18 11:17
I've been to Takaragawa a few times and its a nice place for a day trip. It's especially interesting during the fall and winter.

It's open 9-5 and costs 1500 yen per person.

http://www.takaragawa.com/higaeri.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/18 11:26
Great, I wouldn't have found that, thanks yellow smurf!

reply to this thread