Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Shiodome worth a visit? 2009/2/6 08:20
Hi,
I was wondering if Shiodome is worth a visit? Are there any good restaurants or shops in the area? (i'm asking because i wanna see an area of Tokyo i havent been to yet, and this is one of them.)
Thank you.
by Th0mas24  

shiodome worth it 2009/2/6 10:25
I stayed in a capsule next to the Shimbashi station across from the skyscrapers. Just ate at a Skylark west of the station but there might be some good restaurants in that area, on the main street heading to the west. I liked walking among the skyscrapers. I think they are the coolest outside of Shinjuku. There's probably some good shops and restaurants in the skyscraper area. And a visit to Hama Rikyu garden is nice with a good view of the bay and Rainbow bridge. It's right next to the skyscrapers, so an easy walk from Shimbashi station.
by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/6 12:37
I liked Shiodome...I strolled around and found some very interesting buildings and perspectives. I agree with the previous post that the skyscrapers here are nice to look at. I suggest it.
by Ty73 rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/6 18:25
The skyscrapers of Shiodome have some great top floor restaurants. I find it one of Tokyo's most pleasant districts to have your base in, e.g. Park Hotel, Royal Park Shiodome Hotel, Conrad Tokyo.

As for attractions, there is not too much to see and do besides dining and shopping:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3030.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Jesse, Ty & Uji..... 2009/2/6 22:27
...I will give it a try then.
I guess it will be most spectacular to visit in the evening(?)

(the reason for my original post was, i found some pictures of Shiodome on Flickr, and the architecture looks pretty impressive, but at the same time the area looks a bit "deserted")

Either way, i will go there and judge for myself.
Thanks for the input everyone :-)
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread