Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Greek language in Japanese schools? 2009/2/6 21:28
Does anyone know if someone can work in Japan as a foreign language teacher (specifically Greek)?

I know they're learning English, but I haven't heard about other languages.
by Kiken  

languages 2009/2/7 17:58
I have spoken to several French speaking Japanese in Japan. There are several cultural institutions from France in Japan called "Alliance Francaise" that teach French. My best buddy is from Japan and he knows a lot of stuff about French culture that he learned in Japan.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/2/7 19:51
Many foreign languages are taught in Japan. Among the popular ones are French, Mandarin, Spanish and German, and these languages are taught in most universities as options for compulsory second foreign language class.

Other than these, I'd say languages like Italian, Thai, Portuguese, Tagalog, Vietnamese are popular and do have demand because of the expats population. They are often taught at private language schools or through non-profit lessons.

Greek, on the other hand, don't seem to be as popular, but from a quick internet search, I do notice that many renowned universities do have classes. Also, I Googled the keyword "Greek language classes" in Japanese.
http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&rls=com.microsoft%...

The top 3 with the pink background are the "sponser links," in other words, these 3 organizations are paying extra money to promote their Greek classes.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/2/7 22:45
Thanks for the info. ^^

When I go to the link I can't see any pink background. It just leads me to the Japanese Google page.
by Kiken rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/8 09:53
The link should work now. It did not work due to a problem with how the forum handles long URLs.
by admin rate this post as useful

. 2009/2/8 11:01
"When I go to the link I can't see any pink background. It just leads me to the Japanese Google page."

Anyway, it's the top 3 links on the Japanese Google page.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread