Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Midnight Train to Kyushu 2009/2/7 23:47
I'm touring Japan from 03 April 09 to 12 April.

I would like to travel to kyushu by the Moonlight kyushu. However, I read the website and realized the spring sale is on February 20 to March 31 which I havent arrive in Japan yet!!

Is there an online booking?

And is it more advisable to travel from Kyoto to Kyushu or from osaka to Kyushu or tokyo to Kyushu? Which route will be faster?

by Arial (guest)  

... 2009/2/8 10:21
I would like to travel to kyushu by the Moonlight kyushu.

The Moonlight Kyushu will not operate during the spring 2009 season.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Midnight Train to Kyushu 2009/2/14 13:12
Hi Uji,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case, if i buy the JR pass, can i travel in Kyushu?

ANd Is it possible to cover takachiho gorge & Aso in a day? We're travelling by bus.

Thank you.

by Arial (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/14 15:55
In that case, if i buy the JR pass, can i travel in Kyushu?

Yes.

ANd Is it possible to cover takachiho gorge & Aso in a day? We're travelling by bus.

Starting and ending your day where? Note that public transportation in the area is infrequent and confusing. It would be much easier by rental car:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

Midnight Train to Kyushu 2009/2/14 23:44
Dear Uji,

We does not know Japanese language and it is our first time at Japan. Hence, we thought taking public transport will be easier.

Most probably we will set off from kumamoto and head back.

Is it advisable to do both in a day?

by Arial (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/15 07:49
By public transport, it is not advisable to do it in one day. There is a bus from Kumamoto to Takachiho and a bus from Aso to Kumamoto, but getting from Takachiho to Aso and around the Aso area is very complicated and inefficient by public transport.

If you were to rent a car for just that day, you could do it, although, you would be sitting quite a few hours behind the steering wheel.

reply to this thread