Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking from Kawaguchiko Station 2009/2/9 04:50
From Kawaguchiko Station, is the lake within walking distance?

Can you walk around much of the lake?

I just want the best views of Mt Fuji and the area from Lake Kawaguchiko.

Thank you very much!
by Nathan89  

... 2009/2/9 09:15
The lake is 10 minute walk from the station and the ropeway which gets you to an observation deck with views of Mount Fuji.

A 45-60 minute walk gets you to the area around Kawaguchiko Art Museum, where you have nice views of the lake in combination with cherry trees and Mount Fuji. Walking around the lake is not practical. It is too large.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2009/2/9 13:28
I am confused about the Chuo Line from Shinjuku to Otsuki.

On Japan-guide it says direct limited express, but Wikipedia confused me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%AB%C5%8D_Rapid_Line

The two different charts showing the stations is what confuses me, as well as the map. Do I have to transfer at Takao?
Does the train go straight to Otsuki?

Also there is no limited express, which one is the equivalent?

Thanks a lot Uji.
by Nathan89 rate this post as useful

Hyperdia 2009/2/9 14:40
Nathan, Hypderdia is a better resource than wikipedia for learning what trains to ride.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Just type in your starting station (Tokyo, or Shinjuku, or Shibuya, etc.) and your ending station (Kawaguchiko in this case). Select the time of day you want to depart and it will return a list of options for you. What train to ride, if you have to transfer, how long the trip takes, etc. It is a great resource!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/23 08:13
One more question.

Are the Kaiji Line (along the Chuo Main Line) and the Fuji Kyuko Line Reserved seats only?

On Hyperdia it says Fare, and charge. The "Charge" column says Reserved seat, does this mean you have to reserve the seat?

Thanks.
by Nathan89 rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/23 08:42
Are the Kaiji Line (along the Chuo Main Line) and the Fuji Kyuko Line Reserved seats only?

Kaiji is the name of a train, not of a line. Kaiji trains have reserved and unreserved seating. A seat reservation is not required.

Most trains along the Fuji Kyuko Line do not even have reserved seating. Only the limited express trains do have some reserved seats. But they also have unreserved seating.

On Hyperdia it says Fare, and charge. The "Charge" column says Reserved seat, does this mean you have to reserve the seat?

No. It just indicates that the fare refers to the fare if traveling by reserved seat. If you select unreserved seat, then it will show "unreserved". The difference in price between reserved and unreserved is usually around 500 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread