Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay 2009/2/9 07:50
We will be in Tokyo for 7 days in May. Our itinerary includes Atsugi Naval Air Station, Kamakura, a Sumo tournment, Sanja Matsuri Festival and not sure after that. Three places we are considering to stay are Grand Prince New Takanawa, 3-13-1 Takanawa Minato $630.00, The Annex Katsutaro Ryokan, 3-8-4 Yanaka, Taito-ku $830.00 and the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel 2-3-1 Yoyogi $680.00.

We are no much for the party scene but we will want to go out at night some. We are able to walk some distance so that is not an issue.

Price is not everything butit is a consideration. Based on what I have said above which would you suggest or do you have a better suggestion?

Thank you very much. This site is invaluable for visitors to Japan.
by luck1223  

... 2009/2/9 17:45
I stayed at Annex Katsutaro Ryokan in February last year and loved it. Check out tripadvisor.com for some reviews.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

Sawanoya, Katsutaro or Oak Hotel 2009/2/10 03:02
In no particular order, you can stay at one of the 3 places
www.sawanoya.com
http://www.katsutaro.com/ (there's annex and ryokan)
http://www.oakhotel.co.jp/english/
by Ichinensei (guest) rate this post as useful

my question 2009/2/11 06:46
Thank you to the two individuals who responded to my post. I am not sure I asked my question with clarity. With my planned itinerary of the 3 hotels/Ryokan's that I listed is one in a better location or move convenient than the others?

Thanks again.
by luck1223 rate this post as useful

Still looking for some help 2009/2/19 09:14
I would like to know which of the 3 listed areas would be a better location to stay than the others?

Thanks

where?? 2009/2/19 16:28
there is no "better" location as the 3 are totally totally different and appeal to different tastes. How about using Google to find out about each area? the Annex Katsutaro Ryokan by the way is in Yanaka and the contrast with Shinjuku (surely you Must have heard about Shinjuku? a world famous area!) cannot be greater.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/2/19 19:00
The Grand Prince has good JR train access at Shinagawa station. Personally, I don't like the area, too modern and too western.

The Sunroute is close to JR Shinjuku station and also good for subway access. Plenty of shopping and nightlife.

The Annex Katsutaro Ryokan is probably the furthest walk from a JR station (Nippori 7-10 minutes), but also has a subway stop a few minutes away. If you want "old-style" traditional Tokyo, then stay here. It would be my personal choice of the three. Here is some info on the area:

http://tinyurl.com/2v3ukh

One other thing, you seem to indicate that the Annex is the most expensive of the three locations, checking the prices, I believe this would be the cheapest option.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

where to stay 2009/2/19 21:43
Thank you for your advice. I think we will stay at the Annex. It sounds the most interesting.

reply to this thread