Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Make-up in Japan? 2009/2/9 12:31
Can girls wear make-up in japanese high schools? I see a lot of foreign exchange videos but none of the japanese girls seem to wear any make-up. I'm talking just some eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. Nothing else. I'm going over there in high school on an exchange program and would like to know.
by ShioriKai  

... 2009/2/9 14:22
It depends on the individual school and its culture/tolerance level, so you will just have to see on the first days there how your classmates look :)
by AK rate this post as useful

They do use loads of make up 2009/2/9 15:02
god, jap high-school girls are looking like painted books with tones of heavy make up. u`ll see your self once u get here. no worries about your make up at all. comparing to native dwellers one u gonna look like without any.
btw, it is very common for high school girls to do the make up while being in subway(standing or sitting)! shocking as it may be- welcome to japan!

by Milenia (guest) rate this post as useful

be polite please 2009/2/9 15:20
PLEASE don't use the very INSULTING shortened word J....when referring to Japanese people!.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/9 15:46
Can girls wear make-up in japanese high schools?

I've worked in high schools in Japan and generally girls (and boys) are not allowed to wear make-up at school. Of course it depends on the school, and some are more lenient with their rules than others. Outside of school, however, is a different story. My advice is don't wear any on the first day and see how tolerant your school is.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

school rules 2009/2/9 16:26
People might see "loads" of high school girls with heavy make-up on on the streets, but that's because they put their make-up on behind their teacher's backs after school.

At a lot of schools, in particular private high schools, make-up is forbidden, but AK said it best.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread