Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Futtsu, Chiba where to live 2009/2/11 03:18
Hi I am being placed in Futtsu it is south of Chiba. Well here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=futtsu%20japan&um=1... Anyhow it seems somewhat rural, not like that's bad. But I don't see myself living in the town, as I will prolly be bored. I myself don't like Tokyo, but I plan on going to Chiba a lot. I do MMA, and there is a Shooto gym in Chiba.

My question is, where should I live. I was thinking Ichihara or Sodegaura. As my company pays pays for transportation. Also does anyone have a clue on how much Apartments would be in that area?

I think thi swould be a better plan than living in my little town, and always commuting to other places in the afternoon. Then trying to catch the last train back.

Any advice or tips would be great.
by elkarlo  

... 2009/2/11 10:27
By local train it's about one hour between Chiba and Futtsu (assuming your work place is near Ohnuki station), and if you take in-between places, it would be about 37 minutes from Goi to Ohnuki, and 30 minutes from Anegasaki to Ohnuki. Both Goi and Anegasaki stations are within Ichihara City. You could live by Soga station (a bit closer to Chiba) as well... It's a matter of how far you want to travel each day to work, and what kind of hours you will work - people commute to central Tokyo as far as from Kimitsu :)

From around Sodegaura down to Kimitsu, on one side of the railtracks you'll see industrial complex continuing all the way...
by AK rate this post as useful

Whoops 2009/2/11 10:29
I meant to say "from Anegasaki down to Kimitsu"...
by AK rate this post as useful

AK 2009/2/12 01:00
Thanks for your answer. I think a 30 minute commute by train is not bad at all. So I will look into what you said. That gives me a good base to go off of.
by elkarlo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread