Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Feedback Request - 14 days Japan Trip 2009/2/11 17:10
This is our second trip to Japan. During first trip, we spent 2 days in Kyoto and 2 days in Tokyo. Any feedback on our trip plan is welcome. All travel in Japan is by train.

Mar 22 Sun - Seattle
Mar 23 Mon - Tokyo
Mar 24 Tue - Tokyo
Mar 25 Wed - Tokyo - Kamakura - Tokyo
Mar 26 Thu - Tokyo
Mar 27 Fri - Tokyo - Nagasaki
Mar 28 Sat - Nagasaki
Mar 29 Sun - Nagasaki - Miyajima
Mar 30 Mon - Miyajima - Hiroshima - Osaka
Mar 31 Tue - Osaka
Apr 01 Wed - Osaka - Kobe - Osaka
Apr 02 Thu - Osaka - Kyoto
Apr 03 Fri - Kyoto
Apr 04 Sat - Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Apr 05 Sun - Kyoto - Tokyo - Seattle
by AGU (guest)  

... 2009/2/11 17:33
Note that it takes about four hours from Kyoto Station to Narita Airport. In other words, I recommend to leave Kyoto at least seven hours before the departure of your flight just to be safe. So, unless your flight is in the late afternoon or evening, I recommend to spend your last night closer to Narita Airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Nikko? 2009/2/11 18:14
Hello - Is this your first trip to Japan? If so, you might want to consider going to Nikko rather than Kamakura. I did both and found Nikko more interesting.
Also, any particular reason you want to go to Nagasaki? This is quite a long way from Tokyo and you will end up wasting a lot of your 2 weeks travelling. I would skip Nagasaki and spend the extra time in Hiroshima and Kyoto.
by Japanese Frog rate this post as useful

Kyoto & Tokyo 2009/2/18 14:42
I would agree with the other person. On my first trip to Japan I did want to see everything I could but in the end had to cancel my Nagasaki plans because I was just too tired from travelling.

I would suggest spending extra time in Kyoto as it is unbelieveble. But I also think more time in Tokyo would be a good idea too.
by lanib2 (guest) rate this post as useful

re-read 2009/2/18 15:10
ah! Sorry you have heaps of time in Tokyo planned. I just love the place :P

When in Kobe its not too far to Himeji which is also is a great place to visit.

I also prefer to stay in Kyoto and then catch the train to Osaka, I just thinkt hat Kyoto is such a nice place to stay.
by lanib2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread