Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Gora from Hakonemachi? 2009/2/15 19:37
Hi,

Could anyone provide the bus time and fare schedule for a bus trip from Hakonemachi to Gora? I'm interested to make a day trip from Hakone to Kawaguchiko.

Thanks
by Yaoyy3 (guest)  

... 2009/2/15 23:32
Could anyone provide the bus time and fare schedule for a bus trip from Hakonemachi to Gora?

Take a bus from Hakonemachi to Kowakidani Station (20 minutes, 630 yen, every 10-20 minutes) and then the train to Gora (5 minutes, 130 yen, every 10-20 minutes).

If you have more time, you could also take the sightseeing ship and ropeway/cablecar via Togendai.

I'm interested to make a day trip from Hakone to Kawaguchiko.

If you start at Hakonemachi, I recommend to take the ship to Togendai, then the Odakyu Highway Bus to Gotemba and then the Fujikyu bus to Kawaguchiko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/16 23:42
Thanks a lot Uji-san! Actually i would be staying at Hakonemachi, so i'll probably take the boat/pirate ship ride the next day. Anyways, would you happen to know what time does the first bus leave from Hakonemachi to Kowakidani Station, and what time will be the last bus returning from Kowakidani Station to Hakonemachi? I also saw your advice elsewhere that i should return to the ryokan by 1800 hrs, so i plan to return by arounf that time.
by Yaoyy rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/17 10:41
The first bus from Hakonemachi leaves at 6:20. The last bus from Kowakidani Station at 21:21.

Regarding returning to the ryokan, most ryokan serve dinner between 6 and 8pm. Some have it fixed at 6pm. That is why I recommend to be at your ryokan by 6pm. Consult with your ryokan when dinner is served. Of course, this does not apply if you do not have meals included.

... 2009/2/21 14:50
Dear Uji-san,

I could only find a suitable ryokan at Hakone-moto as the rest were fully booked. Could you advise again on the bus routes and timing for a 1-day side trip to the Fuji five lakes?
Also i would need your advice on the fastest route to depart from my ryokan to Kyoto by JR line.

Thanks...

... 2009/2/21 21:43
I could only find a suitable ryokan at Hakone-moto as the rest were fully booked. Could you advise again on the bus routes and timing for a 1-day side trip to the Fuji five lakes?

I recommend to take the boat to Togendai, followed by a bus ride on the Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus to Gotemba and a Fujikyu bus ride to Kawaguchiko.

Also i would need your advice on the fastest route to depart from my ryokan to Kyoto by JR line.

There is a bus from Moto-Hakone to Mishima Station, from where you can catch the shinkansen to Kyoto.

... 2009/2/21 21:43
Or do you mean Yumoto?

... 2009/2/22 13:13
I'll be staying at Ashinoko Ichinoyu at moto-hakone. Would you happen to have the bus, boat and train schedules for the recommended route for the day trip to the Five Lakes?

Thanks a lot...

... 2009/2/23 12:04
Boat schedule:
http://www.hakone-kankosen.co.jp/gaikoku.hp/index.htm

Odakyu Highway Bus operates every 20-30 minutes (every 60 minutes in the early morning):
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/route1/img/time_u...

The Fujikyu Bus between Gotemba and Kawaguchiko operates every 30-60 minutes:
http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/jikokuhyo/jikoku01.htm

reply to this thread