Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Decide places to go in Tokyo for 2-3days 2009/2/17 23:05
My friend and I are going to Japan this Sept,
but we have some difficulties to make an itinerary
while we live in Tokyo.
Can you help us to give an information that we have to know?

We're planning to live near Asakusa.
Some of places in Tokyo that we want to visit are:
Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, Asakusa Temple, Akihabara, Sanrio Puroland,
Tsukiji Fish Market, Ginza, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya and Roppongi.
How many days we have to spend in Tokyo to visit all of this places?

If we hv only 2 days,
what are the itinerary you suggest so we can save the time and budget?
You can throw away some places that you think
no need to visit..

Thank you so much for your kindly help.
by chicha (guest)  

tokyo favorites 2009/2/18 10:41
Hi. My favorite places to visit were Meiji shrine, Ueno park area, Imperial gardens, Hirajuko and Shinjuko areas - all these areas are accessable from the main train line - Yamonote which circles the city. Start out at the fish market real early to catch the tuna auction.
These are my favorites, but for you it depends what you like - your interests and age, natural areas or shopping, history or museums.
Have fun!
by bones (guest) rate this post as useful

:) 2009/2/18 14:40
Your list is pretty ambitious for 2 days!

If you are into shopping, then you can try to squeeze SHinjuku and Shibuya into 1 day.
But if not you can easily cover Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku in about 3/4 of a day. For this day you prob can head to Tsukiji in the morning.
You might have to skip Sanrio, as that takes an entire day's trip.
For another day you can start with Asakusa, then head to Ginza, and then to Akihabara and end off in Roppongi.
Ginza has nothing much to see, unless you are highly interested in buying high-brand goods.
to save time you can try the towers in Roppongi instead of Tokyo towers.
by nexa a2y rate this post as useful

thank you 2009/2/18 18:02
hi,
thank you so much for your answer.
actually, its not ambitious
but too many interested places
so I can't decide because I dont know the area...
but, your answers help me much to decide...

Thank you once again^^
by chicha (guest) rate this post as useful

Imperial Palace 2009/2/18 18:19
Skip the visit of the Imperial Palace ( only guided tour alongside two buildings and only with prior reservation ) but visit the area infront of the palace = Nijubashi .
While it is Yen 1420 to go up to the observation platform of the Tokyo Tower it is free of charge to go up to the observation platform of the Metropolitan Government Office Building in Shinjuku.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Some thoughts... 2009/2/19 03:20
Some random thoughts on the subject...

For the Tsujiki fish market, they say that the best time is to visit at 5 am to catch the tuna auctions and perhaps breakfast sushi.

Following that, I might go to Ginza in the morning.

I would take about two hours to visit the Imperial palace gardens. For a even nicer garden, take a look at the garden at the New Otani in Akasaka. Both gardens are free to visit.

From the Imperial Palace and New Otani gardens, you could swing over to Roppongi. However I've been at the Tokyo tower and I'm not sure whether the price (~800-900 Yen) is worth the price. However if you do want to do the tower, be sure to visit it on a clear day.

Hope this helps...
by Steve Lozowski rate this post as useful

rough itinerary 2009/2/19 21:05
Regarding to your information,
I hv made the itinerary.
is it the right itinerary?

1st day
Tsukiji Fish Market, Ginza, Kabukiza Theater (just see, not enter), Imperial Garden, Akihabara and end in Roppongi.

2nd day
Asakusa Temple, Shinjuku, Metropolitan Government Office in Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Harajuku.

For the second day, I dont know which place to start first.

Just let me know, how you guys oppinion about my itinerary...

Thank you
by chicha (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread