Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka Dai-Ichi Hotel 2009/2/18 12:48
Hi, can someone guide me how do I travel to OSAKA DAI-ICHI HOTEL at 1-9-20 Umeda Kita-ku Osaka,530-0001 from Tokyo.

I will be taking a Shinkansen from Tokyo and alighting at JR Shin-osaka station.
My question is do I need to take another JR train on JR line to KOBE and get off on the next station `OSAKA` in order to reach the hotel (as advise by the hotel staff). I'm a bit confused now cos Granvia Hotel is located very near to JR Shin-osaka station and from one of the map I saw, Dai-Ichi Hotel and Granvia Hotel are quite near to one another.

Therefore, can I walk from JR Shin-osaka to Dai-Ichi Hotel.

Thank you
by Ltan  

Granvia at Osaka station 2009/2/18 16:08
Osaka Granvia Hotel and Osaka Dai Ichi Hotel are both near JR Osaka station, not near ShinOsaka station. It is a 4 km distance and both stations are connected by the JR Kyoto line, which is covered by JR Rail Pass.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

JR Osaka Station 2009/2/18 16:25
Hi Peter

Thanks for your explanation.
Am I correct to say that I need to board another train via JR Kyoto line from JR Shin-osaka Station.

Thanks
by Ltan rate this post as useful

Shin Osaka and Osaka 2009/2/18 16:44
Hi Ltan,
The hikari shinkansen from Tokyo arrives at ShinOsaka station ( maybe platform 20 or 21 ) you change here to the JR local commuter train coming from Kyoto at maybe platform 15 or 16 and you take this train just to the next stop Osaka. As it is a JR train it is included in your JR Rail Pass. ( The subway to Umeda-Osaka would not be included )
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/2/18 17:26
Peter, I am clear where to go now. Thank you so much :)
by Ltan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread