Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka – Fukuoka day trip? 2009/2/18 23:14
Hi, Ifll be in Japan in March/April and Ifve just got the urge to visit Fukuoka - partly just to say Ifve been there.

However, as the nearest Ifll be in hotel terms is in Osaka and with it being about a 2.5 hour journey from there (Ifll have a JR pass so cost isnft an issue), Ifm still a bit unsure whether itfs a good idea.

If I arrived mid morning and left early evening, would there be time to do anything worthwhile? If so, any suggestions? And would I get chance to eat Hakata ramen at a yatai?
by phil (guest)  

... 2009/2/19 14:13
If you start early and return late, you can enjoy virtually a full day in Fukuoka, including a yatai dinner:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hakata the train station for Fukuoka 2009/2/19 22:19
To see the timetables for the hikari shinkansen ( valid with JR Railpass ) use the station names Shinosaka for Osaka and Hakata for Fukuoka in the webside Uji san mentioned. Shin Osaka is the shinkansen station for Osaka and Hakata the name of the station in Fukuoka.(If you enter Fukuoka you get a town near Kanazawa.) And exclude Nozomi trains.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/19 22:45
Thanks both of you for the info. It looks very do-able if I get a train around 7ish and one back around 8 – 8:30. And as Fukuoka seems a fairly small city with decent transport I think that I can have a good look around in the 9 or 10 hours Ifd have there.
by phil (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread