Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

enough to do in Arashiyama? 2009/2/19 01:47
I want to stay in the arashiyama area after being done staying in central kyoto city. I am going to see the shrine with the bamboo grove, and go to the monkey park. I'm not interested in riding the train or seeing the bridge. What else is there to do in this area, or closeby? (but not going back to kyoto.)
by sumisu (guest)  

... 2009/2/19 14:23
The rural-residential area north of central Arashiyama is a pleasure to discover on a rental bicycle. There are several minor temples located along the base of the wooded mountains. And a nice small town of preserved houses in the area around Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple. Last but not least there is Daitokuji Temple, a major temple with a pond. The whole area has a very pleasant rural-residential atmosphere. If you like that type of sightseeing and you travel at a slow pace, you can spend a lot of time there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

:) 2009/2/19 17:10
it's a nice place for a slow stroll, and can easily take a whole day to cover as some of the temples are a distance away from the station.

You can do a picnic as well i think, especially by the river bank.
by nexa a2y rate this post as useful

Tenryuji? 2009/2/20 04:30
I think Uji meant Tenryuji, not Daitokuji (which is in north-central Kyoto).
by Kimon (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/20 09:09
Sorry, I meant Daikakuji.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread