Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Narita to Tokyo train..Queries. 2009/2/19 15:39
Q1. How much is the basic rail fare each way from Narita Airport to central Tokyo?
Is that part of the JR Pass's cover?
Q2 what is the distance, I think glancing at a map once I guaged it at either @70kms or 70 miles?

Q3 does this route highway etc have bicycle track facilities?
Q4. Are there budget backpackers hostels and simliar along this route?

( so that if one was contemplating cycling down from the airport to Tokyo as part of their experience, but needed a stay or two along the way, would that be easily accessible?

t/y
by Patrick (guest)  

:) 2009/2/19 17:09
as for question 1
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html

I guess there would be minshuku or hostel type accomodations along the way, but it depends what route are you taking.

I'm not sure if you can rent bicycles to ride to another city though
by nexa a2y rate this post as useful

Narita-Tokyo 2009/2/19 18:13
Q3: Almost definitely not. Japan isn't that cyclist-friendly a country.

Q4: You will find business hotels along the route, but not backpackers hostels.

Bear in mind that most of the area between Narita and Tokyo is very built-up, urban and on congested, relatively narrow roads. Only the first 20 km or so out of Narita is in any way rural. I can't imagine it being a pleasant cycle at all.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks. 2009/2/20 19:37
Thank-you.

Im surprised to hear you say it is not a cyclist-friendly country...given the number of cyclists, what choice do you have but to be down with it.
I had been impressed to hear of the number of bike tracks lanes, including what sounded to me like a real innovation, the thing about filling disused rail lines with concrete and they become little bike freeways.
regarding hiring a cycle, city to city, ..no, wasnt considering hiring one, bringing my own probably, even though it may be like bringing coal to Newcastle gradually reading for months now about bikes in Japan it sounds like if ur not in the know with a lot of local knowledge you will tend to pay an exorbitant price for anything except the most crappy bike....so that bringing your own although a hassle, becomes viable in dollar terms.
Plus you know the thing, are aclimatised to it like a pair of shoes and you can make sure there is little chance of a mechanical problem in the short term.
by Patrick (guest) rate this post as useful

trains 2009/2/20 19:44
That train options guide is great actually, btw, t/y, I didnt realise there would be such a wide spread of cost alternative trains
by Patrick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread