Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visit Nihon Minka-en in Kawasaki 2009/2/20 02:11
Has anyone visited Nihon Minka-en, Japan Open Air Folk House Museum? Would you recommend seeing it instead of traveling to Takayama. Is it similar to Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Hida Folk Village?
by haru (guest)  

Similar 2009/2/25 04:42
Been there a long time ago. It's similar to the others mentioned in that it's a collection of traditional house styles, but from all around Japan. The theater is the most different building.

If you're not getting to one of the others and are mainly around Tokyo, you should go. If you're heading to Takayama anyway, it might not be of interest unless you're really interested in folk architecture.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Nihon Minka-en visit 2009/2/25 07:05
Thanks for reply. How many hours will it take to visit the sites?
by haru (guest) rate this post as useful

Depends 2009/2/26 01:04
If you're one of my students, you can whip through Hida-no-Sato (or any other museum) in 15-30 minutes.

I believe I spent a little over an hour around the Kawasaki Minka-en and even though I've been to Hida-no-Sato many times (since it was Hida Minzoku-mura) I still spend a couple of hours there, and enjoy the walk downhill back into town.

A lot of your time will be spent getting to either one if you're in Tokyo.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread