Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. fuji- different 5th station 2009/2/20 22:51
hi
i saw that there are few 5th station in mt. fuji (gotemba 5th Station,Kawaguchiko 5th ,Subashiri 5th Station and Fujinomiya 5th Station:
what's the different between them? which one is best for teenager?
we are planning to be there in august and we are not planning to climb the hill.
by gagl (guest)  

... 2009/2/21 08:42
It depends on where you are coming from. The higher they are located, the faster is the ascent. Details are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

what are you expecting? 2009/2/21 10:13
Which one is best for a teenager in what way? It seems you are not planning to planning to climb Mt Fuji, so what are you planning to do there? You are just going for the experience?

Most people use the 5th stations as a place to buy drinks and food, park their cars etc. before starting the hike. Kawaguchiko 5th station also has souvenir shops, but don't expect anything too exciting. There is also no impressive view of Mt Fuji from any of the 5th stations- you can't see the mountain when you are on it!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Mt. fuji- different 5th station 2009/2/21 17:46
thank's
we'll come from hakone so we'll see Mt fuji from there. Mt fuji is a symbol so i wonder whether we should go there even if we are not planning to climb, just as a place that should be visited.
by gagl (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/21 21:57
If you come from Hakone, the closest 5th Stations are Subashiri and Gotemba Station. Because Gotemba Station is located at a relatively low altitude, I would recommend to climb from Subashiri 5th Station. There are buses from Gotemba Station.

Mt fuji is a symbol so i wonder whether we should go there even if we are not planning to climb, just as a place that should be visited.

Mount Fuji is nicest when viewed at. I don't think there is a need to climb it, unless you have the personal wish to do so.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread