Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2009/2/24 00:37
I am planning to visit Kurobe Alpine route during May, need help for the below.

01. If i plan to go the whole route, how long it take? Can it finish with one day or should i use 2 days?

02. Where can or should we stay for easy for us to access to Alphine Route? any recommendation of ryokan ( best with Onsen )?

03. Is staying at Nagoya or Takayama easy access to Alpine Route?

by the way, we would be travelling from Kyoto ..
by blackjazzboy  

... 2009/2/24 08:45
If i plan to go the whole route, how long it take? Can it finish with one day or should i use 2 days?

You can do it in one day.

Where can or should we stay for easy for us to access to Alphine Route?

Toyama and Matsumoto are very convenient bases.

Is staying at Nagoya or Takayama easy access to Alpine Route?

Takayama, 90 minutes from Toyama is not that bad. But from Nagoya, it takes over three hours to reach either Toyama or Shinano-Omachi.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/2/24 09:34
Hi Uji,

tks for the reply, will it be very rush to finish within one day?

If given the below 3 places, which place would be best for accommodation and maybe some place of interest, prefer to have Onsen Ryokan?
01.Toyama
02.Matsumoto
03.Takayama
by blackjazzboy rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/24 13:57
will it be very rush to finish within one day?

If you start early in the day (and stay close to the start of the route the night befor), then a day is enough without the need to rush.

Another aspect are crowds. If you travel on weekdays, crowds are unlikely to slow you down, but on weekends and during holidays during the peak seasons, considerable waiting time can be caused by the crowds along the way.

If given the below 3 places, which place would be best for accommodation and maybe some place of interest, prefer to have Onsen Ryokan?
01.Toyama
02.Matsumoto
03.Takayama

Takayama has the best accommodation and most attractions, however, it is also the furthest from the start of the route. There are some ryokan with hot springs.

Matsuyama is also a pleasant city, but I don't think that there are any onsen ryokan in the city center.

Of the three cities, Toyama has the least attractions and accommodation choices.

Even closer to the start of the route would be the small towns of Shinano-Omachi and Hakuba, where I believe there are some onsen ryokan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread