Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tyoko -> Osaka -> Kyoto -> Tyoko 2009/2/25 01:21
it will be my first time travelling to Japan in May. planning my itinerary. my flight will land in and depart from Tyoko. Is it wiser to travel all the way down to Osaka, den pass Kyoto and travel back to Tyoko? Is the subway linked from the Narita airport to Osaka?
by Marcoronee (guest)  

... 2009/2/25 08:04
Is it wiser to travel all the way down to Osaka, den pass Kyoto and travel back to Tyoko?

It depends on your arrival time in Narita Airport. By train, it takes about 6 hours from arrival at the airport until arrival in Osaka. Therefore, if you arrive at Narita in the late afternoon or evening, then it will not be a good idea to continue to Osaka on the same day by train. Note that there are a few direct flights between Narita Airport and Osaka, as well.

If you arrive in the morning or early afternoon, it would be possible to directly travel to Osaka.

Is the subway linked from the Narita airport to Osaka?

There is no subway between Narita and Osaka! There is not even one between Narita and Tokyo.

In order to get from Narita to Osaka, take an airport train from Narita Airport to central Tokyo (Tokyo or Shinagawa Station) and then the Tokaido Shinkansen to Osaka. Alternatively, there are flights as mentioned above.

How to travel between Tokyo and Osaka:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread