Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kanji 2009/2/26 15:16
Can someone please tell me which kanji I should use for Kawasaki?
by sensei (guest)  

Depends 2009/2/26 17:04
This is the kanji used in the name of the city to the south of Tokyo:

川崎 , although that is not the only way to write Kawasaki. Is it someone's family name, or a place name you are after? The motorcycle brand?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

yes 2009/2/26 17:11
Yes I saw that there were quite a few - actually we were studying name kanji & my students got sidetracked to the motor cycle Kawasaki, so that's the one I'm after please!
by sensei (guest) rate this post as useful

Motorcycles 2009/2/26 21:59
It's 川崎 alright :)

Kawasaki motorcycles brand name is always written either "Kawasaki" (in "romaji," romanized writing) in its logo, or カワサキ (in katakana, phonetic letters), but it *originates* from the Kawasaki corporate group, headed by Kawasaki Heavy Industries (its shareholder), whose name uses 川崎 in it.
by AK rate this post as useful

kawasaki kanji 2009/3/27 13:34
I need some help on how to write kawasaki in kanji using it as someone`s family name.
by Danmors (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/27 18:57
Danmors,

There are a few different way to write the family name "Kawasaki," so you need to know how THAT person's name is written...
by AK rate this post as useful

Danmoor 2009/3/27 22:15
Here is a list of the different kanji for names ((s) surnames, (p) place names, etc) for Kawasaki.

Kawasaki

屋良
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)

( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川先
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (p) (s)
川向
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川咲
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川埼
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川岬
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川崎
川嵜
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
川碕
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
河先
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
河向
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)
河崎
河嵜
( かわさき) (kawasaki) (s)

I doubt if this is a complete list, but it might give you a starting point.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

kawasaki family name 2009/3/28 11:35
Hi Paul... thank you very much for your help!!!! I´ll search and see if I can use one of the kanjis you´ve sent me...
by Danmors (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread