Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Shirakawa-Go and back 2009/2/26 20:52
Hi everybody, new to site and need advise.I will be arriving for one day in Tokyo then staying at Shirakawa Go 25/05/2009 for two weeks, then five days touring Japan,Need cheapest fare to S-Go possible then 14 days later a cheap touring ticket, what will be my lowest possible cost option, I thought to bus to S-Go initially from Tokyo then on departure use rail travel to see some sights,JR rail pass for 7 daysis too expensive for my 5 days of traveling. As I have only five free days and will be traveling alone I do not wish to travel the length of the island but just to see a few places of note, my five days are totally flexible just looking to fully make use of the time. Any advise re the travel or what not to miss without having to by a country wide ticket would be much appreciated.Thank you
by annette88  

... 2009/2/27 09:28
Probably the cheapest way of getting to Shirakawago is to take a budget highway bus to Nagoya (around 3000-4000 yen) and then the direct Gifu Bus from Nagoya to Shirakawago (3500 yen).

A cheap bus service:
http://www.123bus.net/

As for a ticket for touring Japan, it entirely depends on where you intend to travel!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread