Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Please help Uji 2009/2/27 01:24
I have posted a question regarding the clothing to carry from March to June. I find your answers to most queries very helpful. Please help me as well. Would a raincoat or an umbrella be essential too?
by angiemom  

... 2009/2/27 09:31
The following page shows temperatures and weather information to expect in various regions of Japan around the year:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

another homerun 2009/2/27 10:33
ahhhhhh, the great uji.....a link to another page on the site.
by m100 (guest) rate this post as useful

I'm not Uji, but..... 2009/2/27 11:37
I've spent a lot of time in japan-Tokyo in particular. Definitely bring an umbrella--or buy one for 100 yen at the hyaku-en shop. You'll see many people carry around the cheap ones made of clear plastic, because they're cheap enough to forget on a train and so forth. It may not rain many days, but you'll be happy to have one if it does. Also, A light jacket might be nice, especially in the earlier months, but as it warms up, especially with the humidity, you'll find yourself sweating a lot and end up more wet under your jacket than on the outside.
by KC (guest) rate this post as useful

Thankyou for the accurate information. 2009/2/27 17:33
Thankyou Uji for the site info. and KC for being so helpful and giving me the actual information, which anybody like me visiting Tokyo for the first time would require. That was really kind on both your part. Hope I find friends like you in Tokyo as well.
by angiemom rate this post as useful

Uji is my hero! 2009/2/28 06:46
I posted this on another thread that Uji helped me with, but i just wanted to make sure Uji sees it:

Uji thank you so much!
I've been using the forums to help me plan my trip to japan this spring and i've decided that you must live on this site! :) Thank you so much for taking your time to help all of us noobs. Your answers are always detailed and informative - you've seriously helped me a ton!
by mb2005 rate this post as useful

Me too. 2009/2/28 12:47
I'd also like to thank Uji.

You, and many others on this site have helped so much, made my first trip possible, and now helping make my second trip even better.

When I see my earlier posts from 2 years ago, I realize how much I've learned especially from this site, and forum.

Thanks so much!
by Nathan89 rate this post as useful

Choto matte 2009/3/1 05:17
I always find it helpful, when I'm lost in Shibuya, to stop someone and ask which way to Toyogi-koen and they reply, it's on page 284 on your Lonely Planet Guide Book.

Also, with such knowledge as "It depends on your personal interests! If you are more interested in historical and traditional Japan, visit Kyoto first. If you are more interested in modern Japan, visit Tokyo first", hero is to small a word.
by m100 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread