Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English to japanese translation 2009/3/7 03:57
How do you say: Goodmorning baby? In japanese. I know how to say goodmorning which is "Ohayou gozaimasu" but how do yuo say it with baby added?

Arigato!
by Kioku (guest)  

English to Japanese translation 2009/3/7 10:39
Depends on who are you saying to...
it differs in context of thoughts.

In this instance you don't need to say gozaimasu. You can say "ohayo-" with babychan or whatever the word you want to use to express.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

ohayo 2009/3/7 10:52
It's "ohayou akachan."
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/7 12:26
I am guessing you want to say it to your girlfriend - then "Ohayo, beibi" would be the way to go. Though "akachan" is the word you get if you look up "baby" in a dictionary, this word is used to refer to real infant/toddler, and not used in the sense of "my dear one."
by AK rate this post as useful

Good Morning Baby 2009/3/7 14:13
I say to my wife in the morning.. "Ohayou my Suszuko-chan."

If I say: "Ohayou gozaimasu, Suzuko chan" or Ohayou Suzuko, it is still too formal. The English word "my" is well understood in Japanese and makes the whole phrase so personal... I guess there is no other equivalent in Japanese. Maybe somebody born in Japan can help.

Chad
by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

Lover 2009/3/17 12:09
not sure if this helps, but if you're very serious about someone you could say "Ohayo koi"
Koi is short for koibito and is basically the japanese equivalent of lover. But you probably shouldn't trust my info, I just learned this word a couple days ago.
by Mitsuki (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/17 18:51
Mitsuki,

The word "koi" is not used like that for saying something sweet to your loved one, like "... my love." It means "love" (simply a noun) and used to talk about, let's say, "falling in LOVE," then you use that word. But for the above context, it is out of place, and it also has other meanings like "carp," and (an order telling someone) "to come over," so it would confuse the listener.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread