Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Midnight Bus Terminal Kansai to Tokyo 2009/3/11 21:12
Hi,

This will be our first time to go to Japan.

We'll be arriving at 6:35PM in Kansai International Airport from Manila.

Our plan is to go first to Tokyo (Tokyo Disneyland) via midnight bus (right after we arrived at Kansai).

My question is how can we go to the midnight bus station from Kansai International Airport?

Do you have any idea how much is the fare?

Also...

We are traveling on a budget, what type of transporation pass can we avail considering our itinerary below:

Day 1 - Arrive at Kansai International Airport at 6:35PM

Day 2 - Tokyo Disneyland (full day)

Day 3 - Sanrio Puroland (full day)

Day 4 - Downtown Tokyo - Akihabara, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi (full day)

Day 5 - Universal Studios (full day)

Day 6 - Downtown Osaka - Osaka Castle (full day)
- Depart Kansai International Airport at 7:20PM

That will be for 5 nights & 6 days but 2 nights out of 5 nights will be spent in the midnight bus, 2 nights in Tokyo (Shinjuku area) & 1 night in Osaka.

Hope you can help us in our travel.

Many thanks.

Pia

by pia18  

... 2009/3/12 08:07
There are multiple buses operating between Osaka and Disney Land. They use different bus stops in Osaka. Which bus company are you using?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Midnight Bus Terminal Kansai to Tokyo 2009/3/12 16:58
Hi Uji,
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Actually, the bus I have in mind is 123bus though I haven't made a further search on midnight buses.

Do you have any suggestion what midnight bus to ride, with the cheapest rate but we can still feel comfortable?

We plan to book for a 2 night stay in one of the cheap hotels/hostels/guesthouses in Shinjuku area. Do you think that area is good enough given our itinerary?

If we will be staying in Shinjuku area, what can you recommend, an early check-in or luggage storage (is this for free) or visit Tokyo Disneyland right away (with our luggage)?

Thanks much for all your help.

Pia18
by pia18 rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/12 19:27
Actually, the bus I have in mind is 123bus though I haven't made a further search on midnight buses.

123bus seems to have some of the cheapest prices. They also have maps of all the boarding locations on their website, I believe.

However, I have never used them or any other bus company on the Osaka-Tokyo route, so I am afraid, I cannot give any personal comparison.

As a general rule: the more expensive, the more comfortable.

We plan to book for a 2 night stay in one of the cheap hotels/hostels/guesthouses in Shinjuku area. Do you think that area is good enough given our itinerary?

Shinjuku is very convenient. It has many medium to high budgets hotels, but not too many low budget (under 7000 yen/night) ones.

If we will be staying in Shinjuku area, what can you recommend, an early check-in or luggage storage (is this for free) or visit Tokyo Disneyland right away (with our luggage)?

Hotels will store your luggage for free if you stay there. Whether it is recommendable depends on whether you pass Shinjuku on your way to Disneyland or not. If you do, it would be a convenient way to get rid of your luggage.
by Uji rate this post as useful

123 bus 2009/3/12 21:39
The 123 Midnight Bus depards from outside Osaka railway station. So first you have to go from Kansai Airport to Osaka station. For example by JR Kanku Rapid for Yen 1200, takes about 80 minutes. Then bus, depending on day of travel between Yen 4000 and Yen 6800.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

123bus 2009/3/16 11:35
Hello Pia. I'm thinking of going in the 123bus too. May I ask how did you book the 123 bus? As of now, their online booking is not working. :-(
by Calvin (guest) rate this post as useful

123bus 2009/3/18 19:14
Thank you so much for the info Uji & Peter. Appreciated!

123bus 2009/3/18 19:29
Hi Calvin,

We haven't booked yet because our tour date is in October of this year.

But I sent an e-mail (inquiry) to 123bus and until now, they have not yet replied.

Maybe, there having system problem.

reply to this thread