Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

130,000yen is enough? 2009/3/14 18:49
hi everyone.me n my friend are planning trip to japan this june with budget around 130,000yen per person from accomdation to sourvenirs for around 10-12days.first we're going to nagoya for concert,then to tokyo.but we are not sure bout other region like kyoto or osaka because of the limited budget.we totally need some help and suggestions here.thanks in advance!
by totallylost (guest)  

... 2009/3/16 11:37
A place to start your research:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2410.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

yes you can! 2009/3/20 03:49
for accommodation:
per person 5000 x 12 = 60,000

I think it is doable for 13,000. hotels usually take the most cash. eating is secondary, you can eat bread and water.

I hope you didn't take into account transportation. get a jr pass. transportation is expensive.

good luck.
by calculator (guest) rate this post as useful

200,000 for Hokkaido trip 2009/3/20 12:24
My partner and I spent abt 200,000 yen per pax for our 2 weeks Hokkaido + Gunma + Tohoku Trip (excl airfare) incl trpt, accom, food, souveinirs and car rental.
Some of our accom were more expensive (i.e. abt 25,000 per night in Noboribetsu and abt 18,000 per night in Tomamu) so our budget looks high. Plus, we spent too much on good food. If you can save abit on accom and avoid expensive meals (try ramen and bento, sometimes cheap sushi!), your budget should be ok. You can also get souveinirs from 100yen shops (must choose those made in Japan ones). Narita airport sells japanese snacks duty free after you check in for departure. Yes, get the JR pass.
by Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/20 12:41
You need to come up with a basic itinerary, then calculate your transportation expenses. For budget travellers, night buses might also be an option instead of Shinkansen trains - that way you save a night's accommodation as well.
by AK rate this post as useful

tq 2009/3/22 00:25
tq for the feedback.right now me n my friend are still searching n planning the suitable itnary.i'll post it here when its done.hope everyone can comment on it :D
by totallylost (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread