Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Kawaguchiko 2009/3/17 09:43
Whic station has more bus leaving for Kawaguchiko - Tokyo or Shinjuku, timetable?
It it possbible to go by train from Tokyo station?
by gal (guest)  

.. 2009/3/17 16:34
I think its pretty clear on the Japan-guide pages, more buses are from Tokyo Station:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

As for train,

It is possible to go by train (you have to make connections and ride on regular local rapid trains), however as much as I love trains, taking the bus is simply much easier, much more comfortable, and costs about the same if not a little cheaper, plus no transfers or anything required as they are direct. I did it before going and coming back, and if I had to do it over I would take the bus.

by ExpressTrain rate this post as useful

my train experience 2009/3/18 11:44
I mistakenly took the wrong train from another station (can't remember which, but not Shinjuku) to Otsuki (Chuo line). It was the slower train and it stopped at every stopped. I then learned that the express train from Shinjuku to Otsuki only started in Shinjuku. I took that train on the way back and it was really fast, only a couple stops. I never took the bus there. But taking the train from Shinjuku (and making sure it's the right one with very few stops) was a good experience for me, and very fast. Only needed one transfer in Otsuki.

Looks like on this site that the train is about a half hour faster than the bus, but it's up to you which one you prefer. Either would probably be good. Bus leaves from Tokyo station. Train leaves from Shinjuku station.

by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread