Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for a Hotel hub for Shikoku trip 2009/3/17 09:53
I am going to visit Matsuyama (overnight), Kochi, Takamatsu. I was thinking of using Okayama as my hub. But is there a better hub like Otazu? I just need a hotel near JR. I have a JR pass.
by guest (guest)  

... 2009/3/18 08:29
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hub 2009/3/18 10:33
Since you want to visit Shikoku, why stay Okayama? There is the JAL City hotel very near Matsuyama JR station or the Tokyu Inn. For more information:
http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g298230-d505512-....

If you have any questions about the Shikoku area, get with me (18 years "inaka" for me so far).
by kulachan rate this post as useful

questions for kulachan 2009/3/20 03:43
kulachan,
I hope you can answer my questions:
I am going to Takamatsu, Kochi, Matsuyama.
Should I stay in each city overnight?
What order/route should I take, taking into account JR Rail scenic route or whatever you think is best...
by me (guest) rate this post as useful

Move 2009/3/20 04:04
I did Shikoku last year. Takamatsu, Kochi and Matsuyama are far enough apart to justify staying overnight in each. As always I stayed in Toyoko Inns where available. In Kochi I stayed at the Sunroute just a few minutes walk from the station.The Matsuyama Toyoko is quite a long way from the JR station. It is on a direct tram route or less than Y1000 by taxi. I would consider it too far to walk. There are other hotels of course :-)
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread