Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ume blossom at Hanegi Koen, Tokyo. 2009/3/17 22:32
My parents are coming to visit me in Japan and I will be meeting them in Tokyo. Can anyone comment on the state of the Ume in Hanegi park? Or can you suggest a spot which is currently in blossom in the Tokyo area? The closer to the Yamanote line the better. Our time is very limited and I find it easy to get around on.

Thanks.
by R. (guest)  

... 2009/3/18 10:35
I was in various parks of central Tokyo yesterday (but not in Hanegi Koen). Most of the plum blossoms there have gone by now.

Instead, some early flowering cherry trees are starting to bloom. I found Shinjuku Gyoen particularly enjoyable, although you will have to search for the small number of early flowering cherry trees among the large majority of trees that are still barren.

About Shinjuku Gyoen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3034_001.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/3/18 13:00
Thanks Uji, I thought that may have been the case. I am staying not far from Shinjuku Gyoen so I will have a look.

Thanks again.
by R. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread