Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

help with skiing 2009/3/19 00:31
Am booked to ski at Shiga Kogen Apr 6 to 10 but just saw on snowjapan's sight that the next few days will be warm at Shiga so most of the snow may have melted. The snowjapan site for Shiga (and indeed all ski resorts) only go as far as March 22, does anyone know of a site--even if in Japanese which will forecast the temperature at Shiga to say April 6 as we need to confirm or cancel our ski booking in the next day or so.
by ccl (guest)  

Shiga-kogen 2009/3/19 11:54
This is Japanese HP
It said most ski place planned to open untill April 5. But it depends on place.

http://www.shigakogen-ski.com/spring.htm
by misstoko rate this post as useful

Counting on snow in April = risky 2009/3/19 13:27
I'm not sure that you'll be able to get an (accurate) weather forecast for three weeks in advance of the day you'd like to ski...But even without a weather forecast, my gut instinct is that you'd be taking a pretty big risk - even if there is still snow on a few runs, I can't imagine that conditions would be good enough for you to enjoy 4-5 days of skiing. Unless you are coming from a place where it never snows, you might be disappointed. If your trip is based in Tokyo, you might consider leaving space in your itinerary for taking a day trip to Kagura or Gala Yuzawa or even Karuizawa - if conditions are right you could schedule one of these at the last minute and if they're not, you could do something else instead.
by a tokyo skiier (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread