Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yabusame horseback archery festival 2009/3/20 07:52
On April 19, 2009, what time does the Yabusame festival begin and end at Sumida Park.
by tohachi (guest)  

... 2009/3/20 17:02
I cannot find the information for this year, but in the past the whole event seems to be from 11 to 14 o'clock, starting with archery (standing) competition, followed by a parade, then the actual "yabusame" (from 13 to 14 o'clock).

http://www.taitocity.com/kanko/asakusa_ueno/j_guide/sig...
This year it is scheduled for Saturday, April 18th.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/21 16:08
The event is in front of the Hachimangu shrine or somewhere else?
I'm surprised if the event is hold on a Saturday as generally it is described to take place on a Sunday oO. Even on the Kamakura page it says "3rd Sunday of April".
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/21 16:14
Both Saturdays and Sundays are weekend holidays in Japan, it is not much of surprise if these festivals are held on Saturday...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

different festivals 2009/3/21 18:40
The original question was about Sumida Park's yabusame. Kamakura's yabusame event is in a totally different location and could well be on a different day. My understanding is that there are only two 'firms' that practice yabusame, so it would be difficult to have multiple events on the same day.
by Spendthrift (guest) rate this post as useful

Sorry 2009/3/21 19:25
I overread the "Sumida Park" ^^""""
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread