Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

accomodation in kyoto 2009/3/21 18:19
Hi,
was wondering if anyone has stayed in Hotel Unizo Kyoto or ikoi-no-ie Kyoto?

I have no preference between a ryokan or a western style hotel. But which is a better place to stay? in terms of safety and reliabality and accessibility?

Thank you!!!!
by jojo (guest)  

Hotel 2009/3/22 04:36
I'll take the hotel every time over a ryokan at the mid to lower $$ end of the market. If you are concerned about safety you need not be. Japan is ( IMHO ) the safest country in the developed world to travel in.
by RodW rate this post as useful

thank you! 2009/3/23 00:18
just afraid of the dark alleys. kinda worried while travelling alone. can't speak jap too.. may be hard to ask for directions if i get lost..

nonetheless, thanks for the advice! appreciated :)
by jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Unizo 2009/3/23 06:56
I stayed in the Unizo in 2006 for a week when it was under a different ownership and name. I thought it was very well located for the different sights in Kyoto - bus lines and subway nearby - as well as getting to Kyoto Station. I didn't stay out that late at night but I felt perfectly safe. Hope that helps!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread